A round-up of everything we’ve been e-mailing and g-chatting about all week.
- Ranking All 27 Seasons of The Real World. Sam once met Cyrus from Real World Boston while at Senior Week. It was a total starstruck moment for her, as silly as that sounds.
- Speaking of the “Real World,” Do Millennials Stand a Chance in the Real World? And the answer is “no” and “we’re all screwed.” It’s worth the read, even though it’s depressing and we don’t know why we read it (actually we do know why- we’re emotional cutters).
- Kirsten Dunst, In Definance of Gravity. A moment of silence for this gorgeous editorial featuring Ms. Dunst. Oh, there’s an interview too.
- We’re loving these wedge sneakers from DKNY. Might need to drop some payday cash on a pair…
- Secret Ingredients. We love junk food. More like LOVE junk food. Lauren is The Guardian of the Candy Bars at her new job. She has noticed that her favorite candies have been tasting more like sugary chemicals than sugary sugar.It’s a good wake-up call to take notice about what you’re putting into your body. We could never give up our favorites, but this makes us see that we will really have to start embracing that whole “moderation” thing.
- FASHION FILM: The first Prada Candy ad. This has been everywhere. We’ve watched it about 100 times. Each. The commercial features the charming Léa Seydoux and was directed by the unstoppable duo of Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola. We’ve never wanted to be French so badly. Also, the scent makes you smell like a sexy confection.
- Prince Harry Is Coming To America! The British are coming! He’s stopping by both of our fair cities. Excuse us while we throw ourselves at him.
- One of our favorite bands, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, have a new video for their song ‘Sacrilege.’ It stars former model and sometimes actress Lily Cole. Also, it’s amazing and brilliant. Bonus: our favorite YYYs song.
- The Strokes also have a new video. Double Bonus: here is a favorite Strokes song, performed live.
- Twinsters. A KickStarter for two girls who may be twins separated at birth. They are raising money to document their first meeting. We’d love to see the finished product. Take a look and drop some green, if you feel so inclined.
And with that, have a good weekend!